Monday, February 23, 2009

"Even As I Am"


Today In My institute Class we were discussing 1 Corinthians Ch. 13. It was amazing and profoundly influenced me today. It also made me miss being a missionary who was more focused on spiritual things rather than lame wordly things. Alright, So Paul tells us that Charity is kind, envieth not, seeketh not her own, hopeth all things, believeth all things, endureth all things, it never faileth, and it is the greatest attribute. But, what does all this mean? What is Charity? How can we obtain it? So, as our class was discussing this there were a few things that really stuck out to me. Charity is Christ. Ok, what does that mean? It means that Christ never Fails us..IT means that Christ is Kind and Does not seek his own. So, how do we obtain that? Well, we seek it, we follow his example. Not that we will ever be Christ, but we can develop his qualities with his help. Then, we talked about being selfless..my institute teacher whom I love and is amazing and has been a huge blessing in my life..raised the question to me..was I a more charitable person on my mission than I am now? I of course said yes way more...he said why? My response is well as a missionary everyday you are focusing on good things you are focusing and teaching the gospel everyday..you are selfless..your whole purpose is to serve and love others and bring them what makes you happiest. I Miss that immensley..Now, in my life I feel so consumed by everything going on in life and all that I need to accomplish. I feel very selfish and I know that is not what God would want me to do. I have struggled with being charitable my whole life. why? Well, I know that I'm a pretty judgemental person..do you think that God looks upon us like I look at other people? No he doesnt. God Loves all people and I want to feel the same. I know that all people are inherently good. So, I should desire to love and serve all people despite our differences. Anwway, there were some good quotes I wish I had to share with you..maybe I will get them and post them. One thing that stood out to me the most was Charity is not something we do it is what we are. So, we should all strive to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ and develop his qualities and attributes. As we do this we will be happier. As we focus on the savior more and keep our priorities everything else in life will fall into place. IF we focus on becoming like the savior we will naturally be better people! I love that God allows us to change and improve ourselves. I love that we have the spirit to help us and prick us at different times in our lives to make appropriate changes. God is Great and I love him and I love the Gospel!

1 comment:

Kim and Zak said...

I love your post! Thank you for sharing that and for sharing your thoughts about it. You're wonderful, and I love you! :)