Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So Blessed!!

Well I started school last week and it has been ok. I just feel so blessed though because in the economy it would seem very tough to find a job. Well, my second day and pretty much my first job i dropped my resume at I got. I got the ideal campus job where I can work 18 hours a week but am done by 5 every day and they work with my school schedule! I also have another opportunity to watch this adorable little girl for like 5 hours on Mondays. So i feel very lucky and blessed. Also, the first week we had an open social for the Institute and I got talking to some cool guys from Ghana. So, that Sunday one of the guys named Kwami came to Sacrament with me and he really enjoyed it. Then I had the missionaries over for dinner with Kwami and they were able to share a message about the book of mormon and give him one. Also, I met this kid who served his mission in Ghana so he spoke their language and was able to come. It was so cool! I am so grateful to have missionary experiences!!!



On Saturday I was able to complete my second marathon. It was so crazy! I ran the Pocatello Marathon and it went pretty well, but I probably could have done better if I would have trained a little better! I am excited for running more in the future and hopefully getting faster! I am hoping to run a half marathon with my friend Brittany in November! I just can't believe how our bodies are engineered and how lucky i am to have health and the ability to do such a thing. Yes, I'm sore but there are so many people who are unable to participate or enjoy such activities.

Lastly, on Labor day i was able to go to Bear Lake with my dear friend Jordan Johnson and his sister Kim and her family. It was so nice to be able to hang out with my friends and enjoy the water. Jordan and Kim rented Wave Runners and we had a blast! I realized just how lucky i am to have such good people in my life. I mean I truly know and have the opportunity to hang out with some pretty amazing people and I'm so grateful for that!! All in all I would just say that I'm Blessed!!




3 comments:

Jason said...

Cute pics Darla! I'm glad you got to see Kim and Jo-Jo. Miss and love ya! -Cali

Lori said...

Abby, you're such a cute girl! I'm so happy for you and all that's going on in your life. I'm happy you found a job that will work with you so well! When you're down this way, give us a call and you can stay with us!!

Unknown said...

Aww fun! I wish we could have been there to go with you guys! Good for you too for running marathons! Congrats on your job and miss you too! :)