Thursday, March 10, 2011

Serge on the Brain

So, there is this super adorable family.......The Serge Family

I can not get them off my mind. All week I have just been thinking about them. They are so sweet and so kind and they don't have much. They are the same people I spoke of in Humility and their humble abode. Yet, they are so happy. This sweet family is very close to my heart. The rainy season is beginning soon so it has been raining at night. This makes me think of them and how they are in their little cement home with no real protection from the rain. So, I just imagine this little family all together enduring the rain literally but also just the storms of life. You know they might not have a lot of material possessions but in so many ways i think they might be better off. They know whats really important. I just love them all they are sooo cute! on Sunday I continually was hugging on the little boy on the right. After Sacrament meeting each child came up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was endearing and i just love love this little family!
The Serge Kids and The Dad!!


Me and the Serge Kids after Church


On a different note....here are some other photos from church and On the way home, since we sat in traffic for 2 hours:)

This little girl has sat by me the past two weeks at Church, she is 13 and just sweet


I know its a fail with my reflection but i wanted to show the local shoe store
And here is the local Cell phone Store....Anyone need me to pick them up a tele?

I go to church in Petion-Ville




3 comments:

Kim and Zak said...

Wow! What a sweet family, and they are so lucky to have met you! :) You're the best, and I hope you are doing well! Oh, and I'll e-mail you back soon. Lots going on around here! Love you! :)

Shauna said...

It sounds like you have been having some amazing experiences!! I love reading your blog :)

Brooklyn Lamb said...

It's been touching to read your blog and see you so happy with these beautiful people. I am so happy you get to have this adventure Abby. Love you!