Friday, April 8, 2011

Visits

A week ago I got to go back to Virginia to do a few housekeeping things and visit friends and family. It was so great to see people and spend time with my aunt and her family. I miss VA. It was really cool to because we got to go see the Cherry Blossoms. Also, we did a few service projects together as a family and friends to help a few deserving people in Haiti so it was awesome! Here are some pics from that.
 Me and Hannah with one of the beautiful cherry blossoms
Hannah Helping prepare Gift Bags!!

My sister came to visit me here in Haiti. She flys for free so she was able to just come for a quick weekend. It was really great to be able to share my experience with someone. I can show as many pictures as possible, but it just really doesn't do justice. I was able to deliver some things that some people in VA helped me put together and she was able to be apart of that. I love how even simple things here can bring happiness and smiles to the faces of these sweet children and people. Sometimes I look at this country and it overwhelms me. The tragedy, the trials, and pains of these people just consumes me and overwhelms me. One of the talks from Conference I thought was so great. President Eyring talked of how God has heard the prayers of those who have sought food, or clothes, or employment. He has heard them from the beginning of time. He has provided for his children and today that is why we have the church welfare program. Many have been blessed by this great and inspired program. For this, Im grateful. I am grateful for this wonderful gospel that encourages its members to serve and help others. I feel so blessed to be able to serve in some small way here. For surely it brings me the greatest blessings and the greatest happiness. These situations and these children are brining me such joy and such an appreciation for my blessed life. Here is some photos from my sisters visit. A short video will be shown later to show all the wonderful people who helped me get some things together for people here to see who they were able to help and make smile:)
My sister and I at this  nice Restaurant that overlooked PauP
Cute little boy with his goody Bag

Handing out Goody Bags
So cute..Her hands are quite full and she was quite interested by it all

I love how they always want their photo taken!

Look at the boy on the rights face..he is so exccited about the bubbles

My sister was loving being here, it is pretty special!
 I loved those popper things when I was a kid, and I still do!
I love this!! Bubbles even make older boys excited!

He loved the little nose spy glasses
Little STeve..He's cute

Em with the Glasses on
this little boy is sooo cute!
I love the back of the truck!

After much convincing I got Emily to join in and she loved it!
Us with two of my super awesome Haitian friends!!!

1 comment:

chelseyandmatt said...

How fun that your sister got to come visit! I would LOVE that! And it is hard to explain in pictures and words the kind of experience you are having! Ok...I have to tell you- You look amazing! Seriously, everything about you. First off you are dang skinny, tan, and your hair is so cute! I like your GA Bulldogs shirt--and you look dang good in it! No joke...can't wait to see you this summer!!