Sunday, February 20, 2011

LOVE!

I love Haiti! Well, I love the opportunity of being here in Haiti! Yesterday was all about LOVE! I love my Saturdays. I love Rebecca and the person she is and the work she does. I love her 4 "children" Boney, Margaret, Patrick, and Jimmy. They are sooo sweet and such wonderful people. I love good people who come here and want to help and Love. Yesterday we started our day by going to an orphanage ran by a Haitian woman. It was a special needs orphanage. She did a very good job running the place. It really got me thinking these poor children who are orphans are sad enough but add in a mental or physical disability and I really wonder what hope these kids really have. I pray God will watch over all of them. We brought some toys along with us that actually the family I live with donated. They LOVED the toys. It was amazing how much these toys were loved and played with and it was donated all from one small family!! It was great playing with them and loving on them!! I love loving these kids.
Mikah..he was so cute! There seems to always be a few kids you just Connect with!
A little princess!!
So cute and so Grateful for the toys!


I love Boney, I think he liked the toys too:)
He was adorable! He had a physical disability-he is so darling!
He was a good little swinger!

After this orphanage we headed over to the store. On our way we drove past a bunch of guys on the corner. I looked around and they were all looking at me. I was in the back of the truck. Two guys were making kissy faces at me. The others were just saying things to me. Jimmy said they are crazy guys in Haiti always love the American girls. As we were turning the corner one of them came up and said Darling we Love you. I said Thank you. Merci. I was glad to be driving away though. Yes, sometimes me small town Abby from Idaho feel like a celebrity in this place. After the store we went to the airport to pick up a past volunteer named King...He was a great guy and it was fun meeting him. His family came here over the summer and are coming again in March. They live in New York City. After we picked him up we headed over to the street kids again. I love going there. They probably don't get much loving from anywhere because many people probably don't know about them!! We did fingerpainting with them, it was so funny. they really did not know what to do I don't think. When we showed them they were still a little apprehensive. but once they got into it they were loving it. I think Patrick was loving it to as he started a paint war, when he got paint on Rebecca and I's face. We then attacked him and got him with paint. It was fun! I also played a little basketball with Boney and the kids. Then, I drew some pictures with some of them and many of them drew for me. It was fun because this time the older kids kinda broke down their walls and would come up to me too. Im sure they don't get as much attention usually. I tried to give them attention. One of the boys had some music playing and I knew the song and started singing and dancing and he was lovng it. So, then one of them got a keyboard out that someone must of given them and started playing and I would sing. It was so fun! I just love these kids. They bring me great joy!!

So innovative using her leg to to draw!!

I LOVE these boys!

Yep..I love them too!

King with the boys....you also get a nice bum shop!!

After we went to the Street Kids we went to the nutrition center again with the little babies. This place is so hard for me. I held a baby today whose ltitle feet were all puffed up along with their belly because of malnutrition and then I could feel his little bones. He was so frail. As I looked into his eyes I felt the deepest love for him. He just clung onto me and and wanted me to hold him and love on him. I felt pure love for him. I for sure had some tears come to my eyes especially as we were leaving. I went to put him back in his crib and he started crying and saying something. Margaret said he is telling you not to leave him. It broke my heart. Rebecca said about the little boy she was holding. "Its hard enough that they are starving, but can you imagine starving alone." These precious spirits. I pray for them. I am so grateful to have these experiences and to feel a little bit of God's love for his children. for I know that God loves these precious little children. He would take all of them into his hands and love on them and bless them if he were here. He can't right now so he has sent his other children to love and comfort them!! Im glad for a time I get to be a little part of this all and how greatly my life is being blessed by it. I love love!!!

I love little kids!! So today at church I sat by this little girl meme. She was 6. She was mesmerized by my. She kept trying to talk to me in Kreyol because I asked her a few questions in Kreyol she thought I spoke fluently.  She kept telling me that she wanted to introudce me to her mother. She kept examining me and my skin and my hair. She couldn't get enough of me. I couldn't get enough of her either. She after church introduced me to her mother. It was cute! After church I was talking with Stanley. He is the Sunday School Teacher. He seems like a great teacher. He came to me and said I want you to understand my lessons. I said me too. He was like you need to learn kreyol. I said Im trying but its hard. Poor guy I just sit in his clas and read the scriptures and probably look bored. I do wish I could understand since he really does seem like a great and passionate teacher!! I am really loving getting to know and associate with these members.  I love the church and I love these wonderful people!!

My new friend MEME



1 comment:

Kim and Zak said...

What an incredible experience and impact you are making! Like it'd be any other way though, right?! I'm so proud of you and for all you are trying to do to help the people of Haiti. They will remember you forever, and I am so glad that you are not only being safe, but enjoying yourself and helping those who need it most. You. Are. Awesome. :) Love you! Kim :)