Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vacation Disney

Well I like Haiti but it's good to get back to the United States. It was a much needed break. It was actually pretty crazy being back in the states. Everything seemed so commercialized. It really made me realize how far behind Haiti is. I mean there were probably more buildings in a square mile in Florida than there is in 20 miles of distance in Port AU Prince. So last week for abotu 4 days we went to Orlando Florida to do the Disney thing with the kids. It was fun for them. I remember going to Disney when I was 10ish or so. It was so fun for me at that age. I remember being so excited to see all the characters. I think the kids enjoyed the characters . It was much better to go in February than when we went as a family. It was the middle of the summer with crowds of people and hot and humid. So, I'd recommend this time of year but bring your rain jacket. We were all freezing because it was like 50-60 degreees. We were used to the 90 degree weather. So, needless to say I spent some money on buying warm clothes. We also got to go shopping which I normally hate but I think when you don't have something and then you have it again your so much more grateful. It was so nice to go to a Target and know that I could safely buy whatever I wanted. Like I've said many many times, we are so blessed in the States. We also got to see Seaworld which I had never been to. I loved all the shows. I thought it was amazing what those animals could do. However, my favorite part of our whole trip was my brief visit with my wonderful cousin Ryan and his wife Laura and their three kids. They live about an hour outside of Orlando and they were kind enough to drive down and visit me. We spent about 4 hours together and it was wonderful to talk to them. I hadn't seen them for like 4 or more years. It was also great to talk about the gospel. I never realized how much it was apart of me and how it dictates so much in my life. I have missed my time chatting with Mary and my mom about things of a spiritual nature. So, It was nice to talk to Ryan and Laura on that level. It was just fun to see them too. Amazingly after all our vacation was over and done I was ready to get back to Haiti. You know I have discovered and have known previous to this you can be happy anywhere and you can make home anywhere. I'm again so grateful for this opportunity to be here and have this experience and I'm grateful for my short vacation to the states.

The cool Dolphin show!

One of the Ugliest Fattest Sea Creatures I've ever seen!
Me and Cute Laura...She is so tiny and cute and looks just like I met her 12 years ago!
The whole Fam and Me...they are so cute!




Me and the Boys


1 comment:

Kim and Zak said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip! A much-needed break, I'm sure! :) Love ya! :)