Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Calling ALL to Help My CAUSE!!

Ok, So together we can make a big difference in the lives of others. I just truly believe that I'm here so that I can be a link to help many people have the opportunity to help others. I want to start something here in Haiti. I'm not sure yet. But I will need your help. I will need your wards help. I am thinking initially maybe just collecting clothes or food for the members here in Haiti. I met a new friend in church on Sunday, his name is Frigens. He has been emailing me. I told him to tell me everything about Haiti and about his life. Well, here is what he wrote to me. It broke my heart.


Yes, I studied computer science office and yes I'm in a disguised unemployment  to not say that I work, in this country even when someone is very good in a profession he or she need someone  high-grade to help  him found a good job and as you're my sister I do not have to hide to tell you that the salary they give me is not even enough to pay the taxi during the month but when you're young and that 'we have big dreams when we should seek out to realize our dream even at least a 50% passing, let me say why I  told you that I live with my former parents. Before my birth my father is dead so I did not know and since that time my mother lives a life very unhappy and she never had the chance to marry, the father of my first half-brother was leaves, she gives birth to my little sister and my third brother and their father died in the end she gave birth to my last little brother his father was abandonee since before his birth and three months after the birth of my last little brother, my mother died in March 2009 since when I become father for I am the eldest of the family but the only chance we have is that my grandparents are owners and we lived with them since before the birth of my last little brother and January 2010 my last little brother died a week after the earthquake we are not earthquake knocks thanks the lord but his death is for me the biggest chock of my life because I loved him so much and I wanted to adopt it as my son but he died of high fever because we slept in a garden to avoid the aftershocks of the earthquake so the fact of becoming a father for my sister and my brothers I must unravel to help with school and I could go and I know that God loves us he does not leave us alone and it was not for the things  would be much worse and I am sorry to tell you about this things Now I don´t used to explains these kinds of things to which that is pushing me but my heart asking me to explain these things to you so I did and I ask you to help me pray that God  gives me a another job where I can help my family because they count on my help and I love them so much more I have to prepare my life to have a family too. I do not understand very well when you quest wonder is an average day for me. The Haitian people are not bad people but the social problems, especially economic policies make them angry because all the leaders only benefit the people and they do nothing for the people they only look after their interests staff that reflects the people in a very funny they have become selfish and wicked youth have nothing to do even if they are academic, political leaders use them to settle their affairs and policy as they accepted their accept cause the life is hard for them, short ... as you can see there are currently a very serious political problem for, the eyes of people begin open they do not want to put anyone in power. Regarding culture, it is true that we have our own culture, but we serve over foreign culture, and you can see especially in the way we dress, talk. Haitians do not like being mistreated, they do not like being despised, they are jealous. in the good side they are really welcoming and very curious, they are amenable to help, they are very brave they very good quality but the problem I have over the site makes them very weird.



Ok People he is 26 years old. He is taking sole responsibility for his siblings. Did I mention he speaks 4 languages. He taught himself  English and Spanish and he also speaks French and Creole. I think I need to locate some wealthy people to sponsor a few of these smart smart young kids and allow them to live their dream. I want to try and sponsor, with the help of rich people, to come to school at BYU in America. I was told by one Haitian, our driver, who is also a member of the church, that if he has a sponsor for school he can get a student visa. I just feel like by providing this for some, we would be providing for more than that because they will be sending support to their families and they will be achieving their dreams. So, what can we do? If any one has suggestions of something we could unite and do. Please let me know! Together we can make a better life for others. Because we have been so blessed we should bless the lives of those who are in such need.

1 comment:

Christen said...

Abby,
I think what you're doing down there is great. I don't have a lot of money and neither do my friends, but I can be a connection to Salt Lake for you. Let me know what you need for clothes, food, etc. and I'll see if I can talk to my ward members and get some stuff sent down. Love ya!
Christen